My Websites
Check these websites out
Links go here - - - -

Pokemon Grid Patterns Minecraft Grid Patterns
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Day 6! posted at 8:15 PM

So today is day 6 of me posting polymer clay tutorials on youtube and I have to say it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. Usually my videos are about 10-15 minutes long before editing. Sometimes I cut out bits and pieces of the video if I get a phone call or someone talks to me, but usually it's a one take kind of thing. I do speed up my videos x2 because I doubt people would want to sit there for 15 minutes watching me work. 5-7 minutes seems like a more practical decision, but if people prefer and one to one kind of video where I talk and explain things I can try that if that proves to be better.

I do hope everyone is enjoying my videos so far, it is a lot of fun to make and I think it's worth it. It's great that I'm challenging myself to make daily tutorials, it forces me to come up with new ideas and stretch my creativity. I'm going to start off with a small goal for right now and try and see if I can go one month with doing daily videos, and if I can, without wanting to pull my hair out, I will try and shoot and see about doing it for a while year! It seems like such a big goal to have, but I think it could be very beneficial to me as an artist. And I'm hoping somewhere along the line I can get a partnership.

While I'm on the topic of partnerships, I do kind of want to talk about how some people seem to look down on it in some parts of the polymer clay world. There seems to be some people on youtube who think that having a partnership or selling your clay pieces beats the purpose of being on youtube. That we should give to the community and not get paid or have money being our driving factor. I can understand and agree to an extent but, in all honesty I would rather get paid by selling my charms or with a partnership than some boring job that I hate. Money is also a great motivator to stay on track and want to produce better content. More money also equals better equipment and a chance to be able to provide you with better video quality or better lighting(and clay!).

Now on to todays video!